Monday 19 February 2018

Guacamole

This is the easiest dip/spread you could possibly make, and takes less than 5 minutes! 

For this and any avocado-related recipe, I highly recommend buying the bags of avocados a few days in advance. Although they usually take 2-3 days to ripen up (they're ripe when they are slightly squishy), they are quite a bit cheaper than buying single, already-ripe avocados. 



Guacamole


What you'll need



- 2 avocados, cut into chunks (as shown below)
- 2 slices of tomato, chopped (about 1-2 tbs)
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs cilantro paste*

*You can use fresh cilantro instead, but whenever I buy a fresh bunch of cilantro, I can never use it all before it starts to go bad. So, I've started using cilantro paste (from Wal Mart). The paste lasts for a long time in the fridge, and I can use smaller amounts here are there. Feel free to use whatever works best!



Guacamole Ingredients



How to make it


1. Mix the avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and fresh-squeezed lime juice together in a bowl. I like mine a bit chunky, but any consistency is delicious. 

2. Enjoy with chips, in a burrito, on a sandwich, with a spoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment